Diabetes mellitus is a global health concern. There is a persistent poor glycemic control and poor adherence to the prescribed diabetes management regimen amongst the general population.
Occupational therapy focuses on lifestyle modification, health promotion, remediation of physical and visual impairments, and maximizing self-care independence, all of which are directly and adversely affected by diabetes and its complications.
.Occupational Therapy Services
- Provide recommendations for safe, appropriate physical activity
- Educate on appropriate meal choices and cooking techniques
- Assist with medication tracking and organization
- Share tips for effective blood glucose monitoring
- Utilize strategies and compensations for those with sensory loss
- Help alleviate anxiety and depression through daily lifestyle changes
- Recommend assistive devices as needed